UNLOCKING THE CRAFT OF USER EXPERIENCE – COACHING FOR EXCELLENCE
Many product development leaders recognize the importance of incorporating the voice of the customer into their company’s product design. They want to develop a UX capacity and skill set within their organization.
With over 30 years of hands-on experience in UX research usability testing, and training we now offer User Experience coaching for individuals eager to advance their skills in the evolving field of User Experience. Our coaching provides a cost-effective, in-house solution where we train employees within your organization in User Experience as we work on an actual project. This approach is hands-on, emphasizing learning by doing, and supported by solid best practices.
Our coaching is tailored to your needs and environment and encompasses tangible aspects of the UX research process:
1. Setting Objectives and Listening to Stakeholders:
– Align team objectives through stakeholder workshops and meetings.
– Develop study objectives with a focus on user needs.
2. Participant Recruitment:
– Strategize participant recruitment based on defined criteria and budget and time constraints.
– Develop screeners, navigate ethics and privacy considerations, guide the decision between outsourcing and in-house recruiting.
3. Study Design:
– Identify optimal research methods tailored to research objectives (e.g., usability testing, interviews, site visits, focus groups, surveys).
– Craft discussion guides, task lists, and activities aligned with chosen research methods.
4. Project Management:
– Establish foolproof systems for participant scheduling and project coordination, ensuring successful execution.
– Effectively communicate with stakeholders, fostering their involvement in the research while maintaining control of the process.
– Master the art of participant interaction, creating an environment conducive to rich insights.
– Pose insightful questions, steering conversations to extract the best insights, tailored to the method employed (e.g., usability study vs. interview).
6. Data Collection, Analysis, and Synthesis:
– Implement note taking systems that streamline analysis and reporting.
– Facilitate stakeholder involvement in making sense of results through collaborative techniques.
– Deliver succinct reporting tailored to varied stakeholder needs.
A Unifying Force within Your Organization
We envision User Experience as a unifying force, where stakeholders play a pivotal role in the process. Our coaching service aims to instill confidence and provide a robust foundation for employees aspiring to master these skills, setting the stage for a fulfilling career journey.
Ready to elevate your organization’s UX prowess?
Join me on this transformative coaching experience, where theory meets application, and skills translate into lasting impact. Please get in touch to discuss how I can help or send an e-mail to Kay@UsabilityResources.net